Data center Technician salary and Job outlook
According to PayScale, In the US, it is usually men who opt for a Datacenter Technician job. The professionals earn about $21.92 per hour. Now Data center technicians are one of the top job hiring skills in the US. The common factors that affect the pay are geographic location, career length and the particular employer. The job satisfaction is high, and it is enjoyable. Use the right platform like Field Engineer to land a job in the best freelance marketplace. It is a place where businesses look out for the high-demand talent.
The candidate must have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT Engineering. Proper training in hardware and software administration can be advantageous. Apart from the regular education, there are some certification courses as well that increase the job prospects. These are some of the certification courses that one can opt for:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Data Center (CCNA Data Center)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Data Center (CCNP Data Center)
- Juniper Networks Certified Professional Data Center (JNCIP-DC)
- VCE Converged Infrastructure Administration Engineer (VCE-CIAE)
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
Data center Support Technician job requires the candidates to have particular skills which will help them to excel in the field.
Data center Technician should have good knowledge about switches, routers, monitors, and various other specialized equipment.
The professionals should conduct tests to identify and fix faults in a computer/network system.
read more: Data Center Technician Salary