How to restore disappeared AOL Desktop Gold icon
Missing the AOL Desktop Gold icon issue can be quite uncanny as it can appear at any time. You log in to your system and find that the desktop icon for the AOL Gold software is missing. It can happen after a Windows update or a few other reasons. Usually, the issue gets resolved after you delete the software from the device and download aol gold desktop in the system again. Installing the application automatically creates a desktop icon. However, before you try reinstalling the software, you can go for the necessary troubleshooting steps. This blog discusses the issue in detail and provides a solution for the desktop icon not showing on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. You can view the shortcut icon but unable to view the actual AOL Gold icon. Follow the steps shared below and implement the same.
Solution 1- Restoring the disappeared icon from the system tray.
A system tray is a taskbar, which appears at the bottom of the screen and has all the icons of the applications that you frequently use.
• Click on the small triangle icon on the extreme right side of the system tray.
• Tap on ‘Customize’
• Search for AOL Desktop Gold software.
• Right-click on the same and select the option of Show Desktop icon.
Solution 2- Restoring the disappeared icon from ‘My Computer.’
• Click on the ‘My Computer’ icon on the desktop and then tap on the ‘View’ option.
• Further, navigate to ‘Options’ and then go to the ‘View’ Tab.
• Click on the radio button near ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drives.’
• Click on ‘Apply’ and then move to the C: drive folder.
• Tap on the ‘Users’ folder.
• Click on the name from which you log in to the system.
• Search for the option of ‘AppData’ folder.
• Click on the ‘Local’ tab and then you can see the desktop icon with the name of ‘IconCache.db’
• Delete the cache.DB file.
• After that, right-click on the taskbar and then go to the task manager.
• Tap on Windows Explorer and then click on ‘End Task.’
• Click on Run New task. In the Open folder, type explorer.exe. Click on, Okay.
• The above method is an alternative way of restarting the system. To see the changes take effect, you can also restart the system.
• This will relaunch the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
The above-given steps will help you to recover the missing AOL Desktop icon. Nevertheless, if you find that this issue keeps on occurring and again, then you can download aol gold in the system.