Running a website
- Anyone hosting their site on servers in their garage?
- Where do you host your webapp?
- VPS management for the absolute beginner
- Managing my own server.
- Managed dedicated hosting recommendations
- Which CDN do you use?
- Small, cheap server?
- Prgmr is unreliable. Please advise on VPS hosting.
- Who’s using Google App Engine?
- What hosting do you use for personal projects?
- Dreamhost VPS
- How do you handle server security/intrusion monitoring?
- Anyone used Amazon EC2 with a database or other high IO operation?
- Is it necessary to backup S3?
- Which cloud host do you use?
- AWS or dedicated server?
- slicehost-like providers outside the US?
- What database does your startup use?
- I want to start learning about databases, where should I start?
- Anyone used XtraDB from Percona (instead of InnoDB)?
- Which persistent in-memory database to use?
- Use MySQL as a non-relational database
- What database would you use to store (min) 10 billion objects?
- Should I try to get squatted domain or use domain hack?
- How should I approach buying my ideal domain name?
- Is a .net domain good enough?
- Is it worth buying misspellings around your domain name?
- Do you buy related domains early on (.net, .org, similar spellings)?
- how to buy a domain name from a squatter?
- Where do you buy domain names?
- How to do payments between users on my site?
- As a non-US resident, how do I accept CC payments on my website?
- What’s the most simple way to accept monthly subscription fees?
- What payment gateways do you use for your app?
- I’ve built a product - how do I take payments in the UK?
- Is there a cheap way to get money from customers (Not PayPal etc)
- A subscription/recurring billing service that just works. Any ideas?
- Alternative to Authorize.net?
- how do you process payments?
- Best Micro Payment provider?
- Google Analytics for Startups?
- How accurate are Alexa/Compete/Quantcast for your website(s)?
- Any alternatives to Mixpanel ?
- What do you use for tracking your users?
- Please Suggest a Real Time Web Analytics Tool
- What do you do for analytics?
- What do you wish Google Analytics would do?
- where do you get your SSL certificates?
- Which SSL Cert to Buy?
- Why are SSL certificates so expensive?
- Where should I buy an SSL certificate for my site?
- do you use a SERP ranking service ? Which one ?
- Overcoming engineer/developer bias against SEO
- “Basic SEO”?
- How to get the first 10 users?
- Jump starting techniques for a new site?
- How to get major bloggers write about my bootstrapped startup?
- How long after launch did you get your first customer?
- How do you go about spreading the word about your product or service?
- Which blogs did you contact to get coverage when you launched?
- Getting users
- How do I get to that next level of traffic?
- keeping services up and running?
- Patterns for deploying webapp updates with no downtime
- How do you test your web applications?
- What do you use to monitor your web application?
- Best practices for server redundancy?
- Which server monitoring tool do you use?