Roasted Chicken Quarters with Butternut Squash
This is the first recipe I entered directly into Penflip. It's a combination of various baked chicken/squash recipies Google spit out, along with a Moroccan chicken and squash stew. It was inspired by a two pound package of diced butternut squash from Costco.
- 3 chicken back quarters
- 1 lb diced butternut squash
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 c. walnuts (optional)
- olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander (or 1 T. fresh cilantro)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix spices. Rub chicken with oil and some of the spice. Lay out in a baking dish skin side up.
- Coat squash with oil and remaining spice, and mix in walnuts. Scatter squash-walnut mixture among chicken.
- Optionally, cover and refrigerate until dinnertime.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.